1. IHOP: Monster Bacon ‘N Beef Cheeseburger
The International House of Pancakes makes their all-American Monster Bacon ‘N Beef Cheeseburger with bacon mixed right into the beef. Which all sounds delightful but will cost you 1,250 calories, 42g of saturated fat and a full day’s worth (1,590mg) of sodium. And that’s before you add the sides, which can be up to 300 calories for seasoned fries to 620 calories for onion rings.
2. The Great Steak: King Fries
The Great Steak is an Ohio-based cheesesteak chain. But the cheesesteak isn’t what caught the CSPI’s attention. Instead they focused on the chain’s King Fries, which are smothered in with bacon, sour cream and “Philly Whiz.” An extra-large King Fries rolls in at 1,500 calories, 33g of saturated fat and 4,980mg of sodium.
3. Morton’s: Porterhouse (Steak Only)
This 24-oz (pre-cooked weight) slab of mouth-watering meat at the upscale Morton’s chain comes out to around 1,390 calories, 36g of saturated fat and around 1,200mg of sodium, just for the steak alone. A side of mashed potatoes bumps that up another 850 calories.
4. Denny’s: Fried Cheese Melt
Described as “four fried mozzarella sticks and melted American cheese grilled between two slices of sourdough bread,” with fries and some marinara sauce for dipping, this Denny’s meal will set you back 1,260 calories, 21g of saturated fat and 3,010mg of sodium.
5. Cold Stone Creamery: PB&C Shake
This Cold Stone Creamery 24-oz. (“Gotta Have It”) shake made with peanut butter, chocolate ice cream, and milk comes to 2,010 calories and 68g of saturated fat. It’s like “drinking two 16-oz. T-bone steaks plus a buttered baked potato,” according to the CSPI.
6. Applebee’s: Provolone Stuffed Meatballs
Applebee’s presents meatballs stuffed with provolone cheese with both marinara and Parmesan cream sauce. Eat this along with the garlic bread and you’ll be stuffed with 1,520 calories, 43g of saturated fat and 3,700mg of sodium.
7. Cheesecake Factory: Farmhouse Cheeseburger
This Cheesecake Factory burger comes topped with grilled smoked pork belly, cheddar cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo and a fried egg. And it shows in the numbers: For the burger only you’re looking at 1,530 calories, 36g of saturated fat and 3,210mg of sodium. Add fries and you add another 460 calories.
8. Cheesecake Factory: Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake
After you’ve downed your 2000-calorie cheeseburger with french fries, why dot top it off with Cheesecake Factory’s Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake? They take a slice of red velvet cake, top it with a layer of cheesecake and then throw a second layer of red velvet cake on top of that. Oh, and then they add another layer of cheesecake on top of that. If it doesn’t kill you, you’ll have consumed an additional 1,540 calories and 59g of saturated fat.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The death toll has risen to 36 in the Oakland warehouse party fire. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.