Beer Bread French Toast
3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
12 ounces Bud Light Radler
4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1 teaspoon grapefruit zest (optional)
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Butter for the pan
Grapefruit slices (garnish)
Powdered sugar (garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉/180°C. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add the Bud Light Radler and gently stir to form a thick batter. Fold in 2 tablespoons of melted butter and grapefruit zest.
3. Grease a loaf pan with some of the remaining melted butter.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly. Top with remaining melted butter and bake 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let bread cool completely. Slice into ½-inch pieces.
6. Combine eggs, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add enough butter to lightly coat the pan.
7. Dip the bread slices into the batter and transfer to the heated skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
8. Serve with toppings of your choice.