12 Books To Read While Getting Sober
So you've decided to quit drinking. Here are 12 titles to get you through your first 30 days.
1. The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell
2. Post Office by Charles Bukowski
3. Mad Dog Black Lady by Wanda Coleman
4. Story: Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert McKee
5. Herzog on Herzog by Paul Cronin and Werner Herzog
6. Dry by Augusten Burroughs
7. Kasher in the Rye
8. 86'd by Dan Fante
9. Godspeed by Lynn Breedlove
10. Ant Farm
11. The Chris Farley Show: A Biography in Three Acts by Tom Farley and Tanner Colby
12. The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll
Bucky Sinister is the author of four books of poetry and two self-help books, Get Up and Still Standing. These titles are about finding ways to make 12 step recovery work for people who have a hard time with the basic concepts. He appears in a weekly comedy show in San Francisco called The Business. Follow him on Twitter.