Artists and musicians flocked to the East Village in the '60s.
Bands like The Grateful Dead played at The Fillmore East.
Artists like Andy Warhol hung out on St. Marks.
But things change - that's life.
Relax - the East Village can still hang.
1. Alphabet City is like a world of its own.
2. There are plenty of spots to spend those happy hours.
3. They have a secret Cabin somewhere down below.
4. If you are feeling rich, try the cocktails at Death & Co.
5. If not, there are plenty of great dive bars.
6. If you are looking for something interesting, just go to Tompkins Square Park.
7. And feel free to explore Avenue C.
8. Wait...you can walk down Avenue C?
9. You can EVEN get a cab from Avenue C.
10. And keep an eye out for The Mosaic Man (aka Jim Powers).
11. Then there is Trader Joe's Wine Shop...
12. Grab a bottle and head to Indian Restaurant Row.
13. But the heart of the East Village has always been the music.
14. For live shows, the best bands play Webster Hall.
15. They also have an insane DJ party there called CIRCUS.
16. For underground shows check out Lit Lounge.
17. True music fans can visit Houses of the Holy.
18. Singer/Songwriters can rock out at Open Mics!
19. And if you blow it, most places are supportive...
20. Either way, the East Village is there for you 24/7.
21. And where else can you find the Nexus of the Universe?
22. So shame on you for thinking the East Village lost it's magic.
23. Just remember- it's always below 14th St. and never on the Upper East Side.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!