Want to see a real butter sculpture? Nothing compares to the Iowa State Fair’s Butter Cow.
Since 1911 the Butter Cow has been a staple of the Iowa State Fair. This year’s Butter Cow weighed in at nearly 600 pounds.
2. The state fair is always better with friends and over the years the Butter Cow has had plenty of friends, including:
Even legendary Iowa native John Wayne was immortalized in butter.
4. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first or 50th fair, everyone loves the Giant Slide
5. In Iowa we pride ourselves on innovation and pushing the boundaries of culinary possibility.
If you ask a Minnesotan how to fry a stick of butter they’ll tell you it can’t be done. In Iowa, we’ll tell you line up and watch the magic happen.
6. Obviously, our deep fried and on-a-stick mastery is second to none, as BuzzFeed has already pointed out. But here’s a few more new additions from this year’s fair that were crowd favorites.
And learn how to eat a corn dog properly…
We’re looking at you Minnesota.
12. But even if you’re having a rough day, there’s always the Pork Tent!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦