Want to see a real butter sculpture? Nothing compares to the Iowa State Fair’s Butter Cow.
Since 1911 the Butter Cow has been a staple of the Iowa State Fair. This year’s Butter Cow weighed in at nearly 600 pounds.
2. The state fair is always better with friends and over the years the Butter Cow has had plenty of friends, including:
Even legendary Iowa native John Wayne was immortalized in butter.
4. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first or 50th fair, everyone loves the Giant Slide
5. In Iowa we pride ourselves on innovation and pushing the boundaries of culinary possibility.
If you ask a Minnesotan how to fry a stick of butter they’ll tell you it can’t be done. In Iowa, we’ll tell you line up and watch the magic happen.
6. Obviously, our deep fried and on-a-stick mastery is second to none, as BuzzFeed has already pointed out. But here’s a few more new additions from this year’s fair that were crowd favorites.
And learn how to eat a corn dog properly…
We’re looking at you Minnesota.
12. But even if you’re having a rough day, there’s always the Pork Tent!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.