1. Give your deck, patio, or balcony a lovely, warm glow with an inviting strand of string lights. These are made up of mini Edison bulbs, so they're a step above your average fairy lights and look so pretty once the sun has set.
Promising review: "I have these lights hanging outside over my patio. They are very bright but not overly bright like spotlights and are perfect for lighting up the backyard for parties. We keep them up all year long during rainstorms, hot weather, and snowstorms, and they still work like the day I bought them. Highly recommend!" —Joseph
Get it from Amazon for $16.95+ (available in three sizes and seven styles).
2. Take advantage of the milder temps by investing in a sturdy picnic table with benches — dinner al fresco for the win! This one conveniently folds down flat and won’t take up all of your yard space when it’s not in use.
3. And if your space is on the smaller side, enjoy warm weather drinks and bites with a super cute outdoor bistro set that'll give your little slice of paradise some cheery color.
The set comes with two chairs and a table, and folds up flat and compact to save space!
Promising review: "This is the greatest bistro set ever. I ordered the mint green and it came exactly as photographed. All three pieces are heavy, stable, and sturdy. Highly recommend!" —Maria Previs
Get it from Amazon for $109.99+ (available with or without seat cushions and in nine colors).
4. Keep your grass from becoming an overgrown jungle thanks to a push lawn mower, which will keep your yard neatly trimmed without the noise you'd get with an electric one. Your neighbors will be forever grateful — and jealous when they see how nice your grass looks!
Promising review: "Great purchase! This mower worked much better than I thought it would. Easy assembly. My girlfriend and I put it together in 15 minutes. Some people are in disbelief that I bought and use this, especially seeing as I've never cut my own grass. This has saved me so much money. My grass seems to be healthier than it ever has. And it's great exercise. My only regret is that I wish I would have bought the bigger one. I have a lot of grass for the small one. More exercise I guess...five stars!" —Bonnie Phillips
Get it from Amazon for $81.04+ (available in two sizes).
5. Wrap your hose around this chic Hose Holder rather than letting it get tangled up in a messy pile beside your house. Plus, it comes with a handy shelf for storing gardening tools and other small outdoor items.
Hardware (two screws) is provided.
Modern Aspect is a small biz based in Salt Lake, Utah, specializing in sleek, modern outdoor home goods, like mailboxes and number plaques.
Promising review: "Incredible quality and design. An awesome upgrade going with this hose holder versus the generic vanilla designs found at the big box stores. Thank you for making this!!!" —Christopher Zibach
Get it from Modern Aspect on Etsy for $98 (originally $140).
6. Turn your deck into an outdoor lounge via a comfy sectional set you'll wanna lay out on with a book on warmer afternoons. Keep a refreshing bev close at hand on the included table!
Psst: The lounger portion is detachable in case you want some relaxing isolation!
Promising review: "I’m shocked by how comfortable this is. It has more cushion to it than my couch. I’m someone who will spend hours on my patio for meetings and such. I put it together by myself. The trick is to put the screws all in before tightening them, otherwise it will seem like they don’t fit. Put the screws in and twist a few times. Once you have them all in, then go back and tighten them. Trust me, it’ll save you doing extra work. This set is actually bigger than I expected, table included. Very pleased with this purchase." —Brooke D
Get it from Amazon for $399.99 (available in four colors).
7. And give your patio a luxurious touch with an inflatable outdoor ottoman to prop your feet on when the weather is just too nice to stay inside.
Just inflate the interior pouf and stick it inside the water-resistant cover.
Promising review: "Love these! Ordered two more. The fabric is very nice and sturdy, especially for outdoors. The inflatable part appears to be good quality. How to: Place the inflatable inside of the cover before inflating it. Do not inflate to full capacity or it will look like an inflatable and will not rest in a nice flat position. Far nicer than I imagined. They look great flanking my outdoor rattan sectional." —Cali g
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in 20 styles).
8. Repel pesky insects by lighting a chic-looking citronella candle, because a mosquito-free backyard is one you'll wanna spend more time in. It's got refreshing notes of lemon and lemongrass and has a 60-hour burn time, so take that, buggies!
Anchored Northwest is a husband and wife-founded small biz based in Spokane, WA, making the most delicious-smelling candles and room sprays.
Promising review: "Haven't lit it yet but the candle smells great! The smell alone is so potent even without lighting it yet, we've seen a decrease in mosquitos just leaving it out!" —Michelle Gulino
Another promising review: "Great, light scent that sent the early spring Texas bugs packing when I lit it last night." —Jessica Booth
Get it from Anchored Northwest on Etsy for $22.45 (originally $24.95).
9. Fill your space with some tunes with a highly rated portable Bluetooth speaker, which is also waterproof in case of unexpected April showers!
Promising review: "Great sound quality for a small product. We use it while sitting outside or near our fire pit at night. We can take our JBL everywhere and not overpower our neighbors with our music. Very happy with our product." —Mary B.
Get it from Amazon for $89.95 (available in 14 styles and several bundles).
10. Zhuzh up your patio courtesy of a very spring-like floral outdoor area rug, because let's face it, concrete isn't the most inviting material. It'll add some color to your space and you'll be able to walk barefoot without getting your feet dirty or scratched up!
Promising review: "This rug is the perfect addition to our backyard oasis! It is comfortable, durable, and the colors are great. I have gotten so many compliments on it in the month that we’ve owned it. It completed our backyard deck area perfectly and the colors are just great." —CandidlyCady
Another promising review: "This rug is awesome! It looks great, has been through the weather ringer from summer 'til December, and still looks fantastic in color. Worth every penny!" —beazermcgee
Get it from Amazon for $26.60+ (available in 20 sizes and nine styles).
11. Prevent your nosy neighbors from spying on you by putting up a subtle yet effective privacy screen. You deserve some peace while you're relaxing on a mild spring day! This one even comes with two planters, making it just as decorative as it is functional.
FYI, reviewers say it's not necessarily difficult to assemble, but that having a drill makes it much quicker and easier.
Promising review: "I love these screens! They turned out so beautiful and add a nice bit of privacy to our outdoor space." —Olivia
Another promising review: "I was worried because this was on the pricey side, but I think it is worth the money!!! It is sturdy and beautiful! Went together easily and I am so glad I bought it!" —Justin Moore
Get it from Amazon for $341.85 (also available with a waterproofing brush).
12. Get rid of unsightly mold and mildew with the help of a multipurpose Wet and Forget outdoor cleaner, because you do not, in fact, have to live with those green moss stains you thought were permanent. Just spray some on, and you should notice a huge difference in as little as a week!
Tougher black stains could take several months to go away, and if needed, you can re-spray 1–2 months after the first application.
Promising review: "I have a brick patio. When I bought this house it was covered, and I mean covered with moss. A good power wash each spring was never enough to stop the moss from returning, and month after month during the summers was a struggle, man vs plant. I did that for two years, cursing and complaining the whole time. This April I did my spring power wash as usual and immediately treated this patio. It is now going into August and I have not had even a wisp of moss this year — I mean nothing! I would recommend this product without any reservations. When you put it on you may think to yourself that it doesn't look like you really did much. It dries quickly and looks the same as it did before, but wow does it do exactly what it says it will do." —PM in NH