45 Gifts Your Partner Won't Secretly Want To Return
We're not saying these gifts will make you S.O. of the Year, but we're also not not saying it. 🏆
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A fill-in-the-blank book that contains prompts about your S.O. like, "You deserve the [blank] award," because everyone loves a little buttering up every now and then. Consider it a Mad Libs that'll score you serious brownie points.
3. A kombucha-brewing kit for when they decide to transition away from sourdough and seek out a new fermentation project. Now they'll be able to make their own rather than spending $$$ on the store-bought stuff.
4. A passport and vaccination card holder that'll protect the two things they don't want to be without while traveling (aside from you!).
5. A classy gold bar cart to show off their prized bottle collection that's been hiding in the kitchen cabinets this whole time.
6. A subscription to Book of the Month so they'll never have to ask "What should I read next?" ever again. They'll be able to choose from five featured books every month, or skip a month and wait for books that speak to them (their credits roll over). Plus, they'll sometimes have access to early releases. 🙌
7. A weighted blanket to keep them nice and snug on chilly winter nights (and from stealing all the covers off of you).
9. A Fjallraven backpack that's just so cute, they'll look for excuses to bring it everywhere they go.
10. A BuzzFeed Tasty Micro-Pop popcorn maker, because the love of your life deserves an upgrade from the bagged stuff. They can pop whatever kernels they'd like right in the microwave and, best of all, melt butter right on the lid. Let's face it, this is really a gift for both of you.
11. A mushroom-growing kit that'll allow them to explore their fascination with fungi on a whole new, hands-on level.
12. A bar of citrusy soap they can lather up for handwashing or bathing, all the while breathing in its refreshing lemongrass, tangerine, and coconut aromas.
13. And to go with, a wavy soap dish that'll bring a modern, minimalist vibe to their bathroom counter.
14. A personalized, engraved ring you can customize with their name, or any loving message using up to 35 characters — you knew those concise composition skills you learned via Twitter would come in handy someday.
15. A pair of cushy slippers for their perpetually frigid feet. As someone who's cold 24/7, trust me, nothing says "I love you" like the gift of cozy warmth.
16. A French bistro–inspired monogrammed mug so they can admire their first initial as they sip. Bonus: Now they'll finally stop using YOUR favorite mug.
17. Some Porter Seal-Tight Glass Containers that should have the slogan: "Come for the food storage, stay for the gorgeous design." They're so pretty, your S.O. just might actually start to prefer bringing their own lunch rather than spending money on takeout.
18. An electric wine bottle opener so they'll never have to wince at the idea of popping a cork ever again (I may or may not relate). It can open a bottle in mere seconds, and also comes with a foil cutter and sleek charging station. Plus, it can open up to 30 bottles on a single charge!
20. A handheld milk frother so they can whip up all of the foamy creations of their dreams — with no soul-shattering Starbucks line in sight.
22. An all-in-one apron that'll bring out their inner Martha Stewart, even if they tend to stay out of the kitchen for all noneating purposes. It comes with built-in oven mitts and a cute chest pocket containing a handy measurement conversion chart.
23. An external battery to keep their phone charged up on the go, aka they'll always be just a heart-emoji-filled text away.
24. A set of artificial succulents with vases because, as much as you love your S.O., their green thumb leaves a lot to be desired. That said, everyone deserves a little greenery to spruce up their living space.
25. A comfy organic cotton robe they can lounge in to their heart's content. Including a breakfast in bed IOU they can redeem the first time they wear it is optional, but encouraged.
26. A pair of over-ear headphones because, while you don't really trust them to keep a pair of AirPods intact, they still should be able to listen to their favorite tunes with top-notch sound quality.
27. A nourishing and moisturizing milk bath they'll want to luxuriate in until their fingers get nice and wrinkly.
28. And, a SipCaddy wine and beer holder to make their bath lounging even more luxurious. Also super convenient if they enjoy a "shower beer" every now and then.
29. A super-convenient jar opener, because their condiment obsession is REAL and for them to not be able to unscrew the lid to one would be nothing short of a travesty.
30. A tinted Jane Iredale lip balm to soothe their chapped lips — and you'll reap the benefits of their kissably soft smoochers!
31. A cold brew coffee maker that'll let them enjoy barista-quality beverages in the comfort of their own home.
32. A Charleston Sweet Tea Candle, because who can resist a little Southern charm? It's made of hand-poured soy wax, and has delectable notes of black currants, strawberries, and mulberries.
33. And, an electric candle lighter to light up their life, er, new candle. As someone who has a slight phobia of matches, I'd personally be thrilled to receive this gift. Plus, it's rechargeable and doesn't require any butane refills!
34. A Squatty Potty, because what better way to express how close you feel to them than by gifting a device that'll improve their BM experience?
35. A Hydro Flask travel coffee mug to keep their hot drinks hot, even on the go. After all, you've SEEN what happens when they take a swig of lukewarm coffee, and it's not pretty.
36. A Trtl neck pillow that'll keep them from awkwardly dozing off on their transit neighbor's shoulder, thanks to its ergonomic design and soft fleece support. Plus, it doubles as a scarf (planes be COLD), and it's way less bulky than those puffy U-shaped pillows.
Promising review: "This thing is the greatest thing invented since chicken and biscuits. It's like a nice scarf with just enough support to keep your neck just in the right position. I highly recommend it. Works great with big headphones, too." —Deana Hero
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in four colors).
37. A jar of Fly By Jing Sichuan chili crisp they'll start putting on every morsel of food they intend to eat — that is, if they don't consume the entire jar with a spoon first.
38. A pair of classically cool Raen sunglasses that feature a sleek two-toned black-and-tortoise design.
39. A mini rice cooker they'll want to bust out for every meal once they see how easy it is to use (it's really cute, too!).
40. A foot-massaging machine with a heat function to give them the ultimate foot-pampering experience.
41. An ultra-comfy sweatshirt that'll become their new go-to for lazy weekend mornings. And, very likely, every other time of every other day.
42. A compact air fryer to make their crispy-crunchy dreams a reality. It's small, yet mighty (it can hold over 4 quarts of food), and its nonstick surface means they won't have to overexert themselves scrubbing it clean.
43. A 17-piece knife set that comes with every cutting tool they'll need, and then some (yes, there's even a dedicated pizza knife!).
44. Some food-coloring pens so they can take their new baking obsession to the next level. They're made of edible ink and come dual-sided with both wide and fine tips.
45. And, of course, a Dwight sequin pillow that'll make them react with this exact facial expression upon receiving it. Even once the holidays have come to an end, this sparkly Schrute can keep a permanent place on their couch.
Your S.O.'s reaction to your impeccable gift-giving skills:
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.