Sometimes people can be mean. Work piles up. Tinder dates cancel on you for the *third* time. THE THIRD TIME. This makes you feel things.
You can cry under your desk or scream into a pillow OR you can take all the feels to the kitchen: These are the most therapeutic things you can do while making dinner.
1. Butterfly a chicken.
Your date canceled? Butterfly that chicken! Cut through the backbone! Snap the legs! And pull up a seat because now you’ve got a Mediterranean Roasted Chicken for dinner.
2. Tenderize meat with a mallet.
Didn’t get the job? Unleash your frustration on some meat! You’ll start to feel like maybe everything happens for a reason. Like how you now have this Sicilian Braciole to look forward to. *Yaaaaasssss*
3. Knead dough.
If you’re worried about finals or general impending doom, dig your fists into dough. It’s basically a stress-ball. And it’s going to turn into bread OR THE BEST MARGHERITA PIZZA.
4. Punch dough.
When the person in front of you lets the door slam in your face, don’t punch them. Go home, clench your fists, punch dough and make some Spicy Sticky Cinnamon Rolls.
5. Flour a cake pan.
To perfectly flour a cake pan, it’s best to slam the pan on the counter to loosen clumps that have formed. So if you recently saw your ex with a new hookup: FLOUR. THAT. CAKE. PAN. Make this Triple Chocolate Layer Cake for when you really need to rage (and eat cake).
6. Squeeze a lemon.
When life gives you lemons, SQUEEZE THE JUICE OUT OF THEM. Whisk your stress into Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes. You can’t stay upset around pancakes.
9. Frost a cake.
Maybe you lost your keys or Mercury is in retrograde and you are just not feeling it. Take a deep breath and frost a cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting. The smooth application will be satisfying AF and you’ll get to eat cake. Life is good, friends.
10. Bake with lavender.
Instead of turning into the spawn of Hulk, retreat to the kitchen and bake with lavender. Known for its calming scent, your heart rate will be back to normal before the oven has finished pre-heating. Once you’ve cooled off, enjoy a Lemon Lavender Greek Yogurt Pound Cake.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬