We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A leather closed-toe Mary Jane sandal designed with moisture management in mind (take that, sweaty feet), plus a shock-absorbing foam midsole for extra cushioning to live up to Dansko's all-day comfort promise.
Promising review: "I am in my early 30s with really bad arthritic feet. I needed a pair of shoes that were good for the office/business casual. I am SO GLAD I purchased these closed-toe sandals! I've been wearing them day in and day out for about a week now and my feet don't hurt at the end of a long day, I get SO many compliments on them (no one would guess they're orthotics), and they're so comfy and adorable. I would buy all the colors they offer if I could afford it! I bought these in black and they're adorable with my work pants, with jeans, and with dresses. I love, love, love them. And most importantly, my feet do too." —Marsha Wendle
Get them from Amazon for $109.95+ (available in sizes 5.5–13 and four colors).
2. A lightweight Urban Outfitters Mary Jane shoe complete with a lug outsole and traditional loafer stitching ideal for pairing with a some stylish palazzo pants for an unbeatably comfy combo.
Note: Some reviewers suggest ordering half a size down.
Promising review: "I typically wear a 7.5–8 and purchased a size 7, and they fit PERFECTLY!! They are padded and super comfortable, and the color is incredible. I bought all of the mesh flower socks and they pair so well. I am so happy." —alyvia k
Get them from Urban Outfitters for $69 (available in sizes 6W–10W and two colors).
3. A pair of classic Naot black Mary Jane shoes designed to mold to the shape of your foot with its suede-wrapped cork and latex footbed so you can comfortably go about your day without wishing you brought along a pair of flats.
Note: Naot suggests ordering a size down.
I looove my Naot Karma Mary Jane shoes! They're so comfortable and easy to walk in. Plus, they really do feel like they mold to your feet as you wear them so you won't have to worry about them going rogue and slipping around. Totally recommend these beauties!
Get them from Naot for $189.95 (available in sizes 4–11).
4. A charming Kitten D'Amour Mary Jane shoe featuring a memory foam sole, low heel, crossover front strap, and heart cutout to make you feel like you just stepped out of a fairytale book.
Kitten D'Amour's collection of Mary Jane shoes is seemingly endless, but these ~lovely~ vegan babes stand out by offering a uniquely whimsical take on the traditional Mary Jane style.
Get them from Kitten D'Amour for $109 (available in sizes 5–11).
5. A pair of Charles & Keith flat Mary Jane shoes swapping the traditional MJ strap for a chunky two-tone chain-link destined to steal the heart of anyone who lives and breathes for classic fashion with a unique twist (@me).
These gorgeous flat Mary Jane shoes are ideal for fashionistas going for a lowkey look without being too lowkey. Its unique chain "strap" and pointed toe make sure you're at the *top* of your style game while still maintaining a minimalist aesthetic.
Get them from Charles & Keith for $53 (available in sizes 5–11 and three colors).
6. A unique Mary Jane mushroom shoe from Koi Footwear that'll let everyone know how much of a ~fungi~ you are without you needing to say a word! Shoes that speak for themselves are truly top-tier.
Note: To convert from UK to US sizing, check out Koi's size guide under the "Add to bag" option.
With a three-inch platform, an adjustable buckle, and ~funky~ design, these chunky Mary Jane shoes will turn heads *everywhere* you go and make your 'fit the envy of your Instagram feed.
Get them from Koi Footwear for $62 (available in sizes 5–13).
Love platforms? These stylish platform sandals should def be on your wishlist.
7. A pair of Free People Mary Jane espadrilles to accompany you on all your beach trips. These just scream ~stylish summertime comfort~ and no one – absolutely no one – would blame you for getting these in every color.
8. A pair of Mary Jane pumps detailed with teardrop cutouts and a buckle strap you can grab in a ton of different styles, from neutral-toned vegan leather to polka dots and glitter!
Promising review: "Very comfortable and good quality for price. Cute AF too! Paired well for a retro 1940s look and looked classy for a formal night out. I wear a size 11 shoe and these fit very true to size. I've worn them out a few times now with a little bit of walking each time and was very comfortable with both stockings and barefooted and had no blisters or pain. They are well balanced for walking and a perfect kitten heel hight. They were on my wishlist for a long time and I regret I didn't buy them sooner." —Annika
Get them from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 19 colors and designs).
9. A swoonworthy pair of Sam Edelman Mary Jane shoes designed with patent leather that anyone enamored with vintage fashion and chunky heels would appreciate.
Promising review: "Love these shoes! They are everything I was looking for. I think they are very comfortable. I stand a lot at my job so they have to be completely comfortable or they are not staying on my feet. I am really excited that they finally brought out black ones. That’s my next purchase! ❤️" —Nicc
Get them from Sam Edelman for $89.95+ (originally $140; available in sizes 5–13 and seven colors).
10. Some low-profile chunky Mary Janes to ~kick any outfit up~ a comfortable (and not fear-of-heights-inducing) notch. They're versatile enough to be worn to work, out with friends, and during all seasons!
Promising review: "AMAZING SHOES! They fit SO well and are very comfortable (especially for having a heel!). I can’t wear heels much anymore but can wear these somehow. The strap has a stretchy piece of fabric attached to the buckle so it makes putting the shoes on WAY easier and my wide feet can comfortably walk in these for a long time. I’m so delighted that such cute shoes can also be so comfortable that you can wear them daily! A++ review from me!" –Yvonne Larsen
Get them from Amazon for $32.89+ (available in sizes 4–11 and three colors).
11. A gorgeous pair of Chinese Laundry Mary Jane platform heels decked out in blue and white florals that all your ~buds~ will be asking to borrow. You're such a trendsetter!
Promising review: "Omg these shoes are probably the cutest things I’ve ever bought in my whole life! I was obsessed from the moment I saw them!" —Karin A.
Get them from Chinese Laundry for $99.95 (available in sizes 5–11).
In case you're looking for something a little more casual too, these platform sneakers will do the trick!
12. A Free People flat Mary Jane shoe embellished with silver studs and a geometric buckle that'll add a bit of ~edginess~ to any outfit.
Promising review: "I am not disappointed! So stinking cute and fit like a dream. The quality seems really nice and the fit of the ankle strap is perfect – the leather isn’t too stiff and there are no sharp edges on the buckle. True to size imo." —amycat3373
Get them from Free People for $128 (available in sizes 6–11 and two colors).
13. A pair of chunky Mary Jane shoes crafted with patent leather, double straps, and non-slip insoles to keep your feet feeling secure while you dance the night away (even if that's in your bedroom in front of your mirror).
Promising review: "These shoes are perfect. Absolutely worth the money. They look more beautiful in person. I wore them to a rehearsal dinner and then to a wedding the next night. I never had to take them off they were so comfortable. The bottoms are also nonslip which is great for dancing. I now wear them to work and out with friends all the time. I love them!" —cody kendig
Get them from Amazon for $54.99+ (available in sizes 6–11 and two colors).
14. A pair of Steve Madden Mary Jane heels to channel your inner '90s fashionista for a spontaneous night of cracking open Wonder Balls and seeing who can keep their sour Warheads candy in their mouth the longest.
Promising review: "I love these. I wear them for 12 hours at work, and I walk all the time while at work. Nurses and patients love to look at my shoes. Yesterday I had surgery and when I woke up from anesthesia, the first four words the nurse told me were, 'Your shoes are amazing.' Other nurses and I were discussing them and how they would look very nice with dark jeans." —Nora
Get them from Steve Madden for $99.95 (available in sizes 5–11 and in five colors and designs).
Plus, here are some platform boots – because no, you can never have too many platform shoes.
15. A pair of Dr. Martens Mary Jane shoes that are def up to par with the rest of the brand's top-notch quality. These beauties are meant to last years and years (if not forever). You rock, Doc!
Note: Some reviewers say the leather takes a bit to break in, but they're well worth the wait!
Promising review: "Blast from the past. I wore these Dr. Martens Mary Jane shoes as a kid, and they look great on adult me, too. If they're anything like my other Docs, these are BIFL. They fit instantly, securely, and allow my feet to not feel squeezed. The wide toe box means no damage to your toesies. I got several compliments on day one. So, so glad I snagged a pair." —TotalCharlotte
Get them from Nordstrom for $130 (available in sizes 5–11 and two colors).
16. A classy pair of memory foam Mary Jane heels featuring a soft antibacterial microsuede, patent gloss, and head-to-toe memory foam that are totally deserving of all the 5-star ratings they've accumulated.
Promising review: "This brand and the foam insole is the best thing to happen EVER!!! I get so many compliments each time I wear these heels! And the best part is, they do not hurt my feet! I can actually wear these all day and walk normal!! Love these so much." —Shalen
Get them from Macy's for $79.50 (available in sizes 5–10 and five colors).
17. A trendy pair of Mary Jane huaraches handmade with genuine leather and vegetable-based dyes you'll be grabbing the *second* the sun comes out. Just imagine wearing these on a warm summer day with a slight breeze in the air.
Colores Mexico MX is a California-based Etsy shop offering hand embroidered blouses, skirts, dresses, handbags, huarache sandals, and jewelry.
Promising review: "Love it. This is my newest find. So excited to have found you." —Maggie Honea
18. A budget-friendly Mary Jane wedge heel if you appreciate some extra elevation – but not when it means your stiletto heels sinking into the grass while you're trying to have a good time.
Promising review: "Wore these today for the first time to work. Spent over 12 hours in them, ran errands, went to Costco, ran after my 3-year-old. It passed durability and overall comfort. I didn't get any blisters or sores." —Jenn
Another promising review: "I love that this shoe matches the picture and description. The suede finish is cute and durable. These are ideal work shoes if you dress up for work, office casual with a touch of classy. Easier to walk in than a regular high heel, the wedge is well balanced and comfortable. Some wedges are too tall for me to walk in confidently, but this wedge is just right. All in all, I am very happy with these shoes." —CarryIsRad
Get them from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes 6–11 and four colors).
19. A super comfy pair of Dansko leather Mary Jane shoes incorporating a removable, molded EVA footbed with plenty of arch support and cushioning that people who work on their feet all day *swear* by.
Promising review: "I am on my third pair of these to wear at work as a flight attendant. One of the most comfortable work shoes I've owned! My airline requires a one inch heel and these JUST fit the bill to be regulation. Once they've been broken in, these shoes feel like slippers! The velcro closure on the strap is a nice touch and allows for quick adjustments if your feet are ever swollen. I get about 10–12 months use out of the shoe before I start to feel the insole wear down, but keep in mind, I'm on my feet 10–12 hours a day for four days a week. The insole provides the perfect amount of support for me. All in all, it's my perfect shoe!" —Karen
Another promising review: "I am a flight attendant and am on my feet most of the day/evening. I have had a difficult time finding shoes that are approved by my company AND are comfortable. I was told about these and hesitated because of the cost. I must say I'm sorry I waited so long. These shoes are nice looking with my slacks and skirt and do not stress my feet when standing all day/evening. If you stand on your feet for a living, then do not hesitate like I did. They are worth the money!" —Helen W Bovay
Get them from Amazon for $107.90+ (available in sizes 5–13, wide widths, and four colors).
20. A unique L'Artiste by Spring Step platform Mary Jane shoe designed with whimsical ruffles and a floral accent to bring out your inner artist and serve as a bold statement shoe that'll steal the show anywhere you go.
Promising review: "I bought these platform Mary Jane shoes a few weeks ago and they are definitely the statement piece every timeI wear them. They are comfortable, true to size, and sturdy." —Michelle
Get them from DSW for $99.99 (available in sizes 5–11).
Psst, here's a whole list of even more platform shoes to browse through.
21. A pair of retro Mary Jane heels several reviewers say they originally bought for '20s-themed parties, plays, and weddings, but ended up loving so much they started incorporating them into their weekly shoe rotation.
Note: Some reviewers suggest ordering half a size down.
Promising review: "These are one of my favorite pair of shoes!!! These shoes are so comfortable and wear very well! I live in New Orleans and the sidewalks and streets are rough and uneven so walking in heels can be hard. These are the perfect shoes for walking. The heels are not too high and the insoles are soft and cushy. They are also so stylish. Just all in all the 'perfect shoe!' I'd give them six stars if possible!!!" —Angi
Get them from Amazon for $25.65+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and 11 colors).