18 Products For Anyone Who Hates Dealing With Oily Hair
Manage and eliminate unwanted oily hair with these products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Ethique Wonderbar is a conditioning bar for oily hair that's made of coconut oil, cocoa butter, and vanilla to hydrate your hair without added excess oil or weighing it down. It's also 100% soap-free, pH balanced, and can even be used on your body.
2. Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder absorbs unwanted oil at your roots and gives you unlimited volume to extend your hairstyles beyond wash day.
3. Degrease Moisture Control Shampoo mitigates grease and oil build-up by restoring your hair and scalp's natural pH balance and sebum levels for overall healthy hair.
4. Verb Sea Texture Spray gives your flat, oily hair that natural, beachy texture and body without the crunchy feeling. And it has a light hold to keep the volume in place.
5. R+Co Analog Cleansing Foam Conditioner softens, hydrates, and smooths your hair without making it any more oily. Great to use if you have oily roots and dry ends. And it has UV protection!
6. SheaMoisture Green Coconut & Activated Charcoal Exfoliating Hair Mud exfoliates your scalp by lifting impurities and build up, leaving it hydrated, refreshed, and clean.
7. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo gently removes built-up products and grease from your hair. It's non-irritating, clarifying, and you only have to use it once a week to finally get oil-free hair.
8. Moroccanoil Root Boost eliminates oil, adds long-lasting volume at your roots, all while nourising your hair with a healthy finish.
9. Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo gives you an instant clean feeling like you just got a blowout. And best of all, it won't damage your hair and there's no leftover white residue.
10. Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion thickens your hair, especially the roots, where oils and other products can make it flat and stringy.
11. Whamisa Organic Seeds Hair Shampoo is made with Vulgare seed extract and soybean that'll not only refresh your scalp by exfoliating dead skin cells, but will also control the excess sebum on your scalp so you hair will feel clean and light.
12. Pantene Charcoal Shampoo gets rid of scalp impurities that cause oil and grease, leaving your hair refreshed and voluminous like you just left the salon.
13. Molivera Organics Bentonite Clay is not only good for oily skin but also for oily hair. Use this mask to cleanse your hair follicles from inside out and eliminate grease.
14. Head and Shoulders Oil Control Anti-Dandruff 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner controls scalp and hair oils while also soothing and calming scalp itch and dryness.
15. IGK First Class Charcoal Dry Shampoo not only absorbs oils but also soothes your scalp so you don't have to wash your hair if you're not ready to.
16. Christophe Robin Detox Hair Ritual Kit is a three-step process to regulate scalp oil, exfoliate build-up and eliminate dandruff, and hydrate dry and damaged hair.
17. Ogx Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Extra Strength Penetrating Oil is great to use when your hair needs a boost of hydration and shine. It won't make your hair more any more oily than it naturally is.
18. And Lemon Sage Oily Hair Shampoo is great when you have dandruff but also oily hair. It works all together to deep clean and nourish your scalp while eliminating excess oil — leaving your hair flowy, healthy, and bouncy.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.