When moving house there is almost no way to avoid it, it will be stressful. There are so many different things you need to remember. The process is highly volatile, meaning if one thing goes wrong it can create a massive chain effect.
When making that big move, there are a few things that you can do to make the process run smoother. As professional and experienced furniture removalists, we understand what it takes to ensure our clients have the easiest move possible.
There are a few tips we have developed over the years that we would like to share to help everyone have a safe and smooth move! Here are some of our most useful tips:
1. Make sure you back a bag of essentials. This will include everything you use on a daily basis and will need as soon as you get to your new place. Things like toiletries, a spare change of clothes (and pjs!), phone, etc. are important to pack.
2. Get help! You probably won’t have the time or skills necessary to do a big move yourself, especially when it comes to heavy pieces of furniture. By hiring furniture removalists they can do the heavy lifting for you.
3. Make sure you are organised. Being organised is really important. The moving process is a long one (it isn’t just on the actual moving day!), so ensure that you are organised right the way through. Talk to your professional or furniture removalists Sydney to ensure that you have everything properly prepared for when the day finally comes.
4. Try to color code your items. Once all your belongings are packed into boxes it can be particularly difficult to differentiate and remember what was in each box. By color coding your items it makes identification a whole lot easier.
5. Ensure your toiletries are protected. This seems unnecessary and pointless, but we can’t tell you how many times a cream or perfume etc. has broken and completely ruined the other contents as well as the bag itself! By sealing all toiletries individually in zip lock bags you able to contain any potential damage.
6. Defrost your fridge. This is something that a lot of people forget to do! As well as this you will need to ensure your fridge/ freezer is completely empty – there is nothing worse than expired food.