1. Like usual, she opened with a monologue.
“I am very impressed with myself. Way to go, girl. The only other time I spent seven years in one place was high school. Over the run of this show, I’ve made some great friends, a lot of enemies and I have personally gained, and lost, over 3,500 lbs.”
4. Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Mary McCormack threw an intervention.
“They say, ‘When you love someone, you have to set them free.’ And in your case, I guess that means free to drink, do drugs and have unsafe international sex. We love you, and you deserve that.”
7. Of course, the “ex-lovers” flirted.
Chelsea said she and 50 hadn’t seen each other since they broke up, and she confessed she hadn’t dated another black guy since. “They say, ‘Once you go black, you never go back.’” Chelsea said. “You come running back.”
8. Then, there was a farewell to Chelsea’s “assistant,” Chuy.
“Every day, no matter what kind of mood I’ve ever been in, when you see this coming towards you, in a hallway, or a dark parking garage, all you can do is be happy,” Chelsea said of her sidekick. Sadly, Chelsea’s “nugget” is not expected to follow her to Netflix.
9. Miley happened.
11. Yes, a star-studded sing-along.
Who wasn’t in this crowd? In addition to the roundtable regulars, Chuy, Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, Mary McCormack, 50 Cent and G-Unit, Miley Cyrus and Gwen Stefani, there was Alanis Morrisette, Avril Lavigne, Joel McHale, Justin Theroux, Leah Remini, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Naya Rivera, Kate Beckinsale, Fergie, Melissa McCarthy, Ben Falcone, Sammy Hagar, Trace Adkins, Dave Grohl, Bobby Brown, Tim Gunn, Gerard Butler, Justin Bartha, Anna Faris, Allison Janney, Diablo Cody, Natasha Lyonne, Nev Schulman, Kelly Osbourne, Wiz Khalifa, Tim Allen, Rick Springfield, LeAnn Rimes, Josh Gad, Kathy Griffin, Chloe Grace Moretz, Kate Flannery, Kathryn Hahn, Tyler Glenn, Judith Hill, Dane Cook, and probably a dozen others who didn’t get ample screen time. See who you can spot here.
13. And then, Chelsea said goodbye.
Chelsea thanked everyone who showed up for the final show, and everyone who showed up for her over the last seven years. She thanked the crew for putting up with her bad moods, and the bad people she dated. She even thanked E! for giving her “this show that is so much fun.” She also plugged Miley Cyrus’ new charitable mission.
Thankfully, we don’t have to wait too long to get our next Chelsea fix. The comedian’s first Netflix special will premiere October 10 on the streaming service. She’ll follow that up with a series of docu-comedy specials over the next year, and will launch her new talk show in 2016.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨