1. Ben Carlson, a 15-year veteran of the Newport Beach, California Lifeguard, became the city’s first lifeguard to die in the line of duty. In honor of Carlson, thousands gathered to celebrate his life with a beautiful sea memorial.
2. “While Ben was trying to save a struggling swimmer on July 6, 2014, both him and the swimmer were hit by a large wave. The swimmer, however, eventually made it to shore safely, but the wave’s force pinned Ben down which eventually caused him to drown.”
3. “The other lifeguard personnel at the scene attempted to rescue and assist Ben, but due to the turbulent water conditions, they were unable to do so,” said Jennifer Manzella, the Newport Beach Police Department spokeswoman.
4. “Carlson was eventually located around 8 p.m. and rushed by Newport Beach paramedics to Hoag Hospital, where he died. Cause of death is presumed to be drowning, but the county coroner is conducting an autopsy to make that official.”
- Trump's home and golf club near Washington, DC have security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- Donald Trump alleged Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting, but he's appeared in a softcore porn.
- Seven bee species have officially been listed as endangered in the US. Losing them could have a devastating effect on the ecosystem.