1. Ben Carlson, a 15-year veteran of the Newport Beach, California Lifeguard, became the city’s first lifeguard to die in the line of duty. In honor of Carlson, thousands gathered to celebrate his life with a beautiful sea memorial.
2. “While Ben was trying to save a struggling swimmer on July 6, 2014, both him and the swimmer were hit by a large wave. The swimmer, however, eventually made it to shore safely, but the wave’s force pinned Ben down which eventually caused him to drown.”
3. “The other lifeguard personnel at the scene attempted to rescue and assist Ben, but due to the turbulent water conditions, they were unable to do so,” said Jennifer Manzella, the Newport Beach Police Department spokeswoman.
4. “Carlson was eventually located around 8 p.m. and rushed by Newport Beach paramedics to Hoag Hospital, where he died. Cause of death is presumed to be drowning, but the county coroner is conducting an autopsy to make that official.”
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀