1. You may remember Benji Cowart, the dad from Nashville, Tennessee who wrote a parody to Magic!’s hit song “RUDE.” Well now, singer Nicky Costabile has responded with the “daughter’s” side of the story.
2. In an interview, Nicky told BuzzFeed she created the song solely because she thought it was a fun idea, and she is in no way the “daughter” mentioned in Benji’s mega-viral parody video.
“My friend Marisa DiFrisco came up with the lyrics and I thought it would be funny to make a video replying to the Dad’s perspective! This is just a friendly parody speaking from a girl’s view.”
5. Watch the video that sparked the response from Nicky here:
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️