1. You may remember Benji Cowart, the dad from Nashville, Tennessee who wrote a parody to Magic!’s hit song “RUDE.” Well now, singer Nicky Costabile has responded with the “daughter’s” side of the story.
2. In an interview, Nicky told BuzzFeed she created the song solely because she thought it was a fun idea, and she is in no way the “daughter” mentioned in Benji’s mega-viral parody video.
“My friend Marisa DiFrisco came up with the lyrics and I thought it would be funny to make a video replying to the Dad’s perspective! This is just a friendly parody speaking from a girl’s view.”
5. Watch the video that sparked the response from Nicky here:
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀