1. Last week, a frat party at Chico State University got slightly out of hand. Students filmed the party and put it into a Snapchat story that has now gone viral.
2. According to local law enforcement, the house fire started at 3 a.m. in Chico, Calif., at the Sigma Chi fraternity house.
3. KRCR News reported the fire began outside, but flames spread to the deck and the house was then engulfed.
4. Sigma Chi is not a recognized fraternity at Chico State University. Last year, after students were caught making beer in the house, Sigma Chi decided to no longer affiliate themselves with the University rather than face sanctions and suspension.
Police are still investigating the cause of the fire. No one was inside the frat house when the fire started, though the neighborhood was full of other Chico State house parties. It was originally thought that there was a party in the Sigma Chi house when the fire started.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- An Australian teen who was subjected to detention abuse has written a letter thanking the public for its support.