1. Mondays are, well, Mondays. And today is the first day of spring — aka your ticket to not one but two free desserts at Dairy Queen and Rita’s. Chill, amirite.
For the last 25 years, Rita’s has been giving away free frozen desserts to celebrate that winter is finally over. That is, if you’re lucky enough to live in one of the 32 states that are home to the Italian ice and frozen custard shop.
“We believe it’s important to celebrate the everyday moments that make life special – from good grades on tests to job promotions, hitting the homerun in the little league game to a perfect pirouette in a ballet recital,” Mike Lorelli, CEO of the company, said in a statement.
3. Dairy Queen is also handing out free cones to congratulate you on making it through another dark, sad hibernating period. It will also be collecting donations for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
4. People are obviously here for it.
7. So go get a cone, ice, or both, and treat your Monday like it’s Friday.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥