“Croissant de Triomphe” is the first in a series of 19 all-new shorts that will be airing on Disney Channel and Disney.com beginning on June 28.
As part of Mickey’s relaunch, Disney has teamed up with Emmy Award-winning artist and director, Paul Rudish (of Dexter’s Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls fame) to give the iconic character and his pals an updated-yet-retro 1930s look. The new shorts will also feature animation and artwork that is a throwback to the classic designs of the original Walt Disney shorts of the 1950s and 1960s.
According to Disney, each of the new shorts will take place in a different setting, such as Santa Monica, New York, Beijing, Tokyo, Venice, and the Alps, and will also feature occasional homages “to other icons from the storied Disney heritage.”
2. Watch “Croissant de Triomphe”:
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal probes into its handling of sexual assault cases.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.