15 Things Society Deems Acceptable, But When You Think About It, It 100% Shouldn’t Be
OK, even if you don't agree with all of these, you'll certainly agree with not overbreeding doggos.
It’s safe to say that for a lot us, we go through life and never second guess everyday things we think of as "completely normal" and “acceptable.” But if we actually stopped and really thought about it, we might think, Wait, this isn’t right, and why do we do this?!
The thought-provoking question quickly went viral, with thousands of replies. Here are some of the top-voted and best comments:
1. "Asking women when they plan on having kids. At best, you're creepily asking them about their sex life. At worst, they may be struggling with infertility/loss, and you're twisting the dagger. It's none of your business."
2. "Parents pushing their kids to have kids. We do NOT owe you grandchildren, especially when our generation is so financially fucked we can't afford to raise them!"
7. "Expecting teachers to work extra hours every day and not be paid for it, because 'it's for the kids.'"
10. "Advertisements everywhere so you can’t escape them, especially when companies try to be sneaky about it."
12. "Paying for medical insurance only to be told where to go and who you can see for your medical care."
13. "From a very young age, you're always told to aim for perfection in everything you do by parents/classmates/teachers and are praised for doing so. But later on, you learn that it's completely unreasonable and unnecessary most of the time."
"And the realization can be quite painful for some, kinda feels like you became worse at everything, when in reality it's just that everything became harder, and you're supposed to choose what you find important and how much you should work on different things."