1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest was the BIGGEST movie of the year. The Da Vinci Code and Cars were among the top five movies of the year.
2. Lance Bass came out publicly.
3. Britney Spears appeared nude and six months pregnant (with her second child, Jayden) on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar…
6. A posthumous Audrey Hepburn appeared in a Gap commercial while dancing along to AC/DC’s “Back in Black.”
The footage used was from her 1957 film Funny Face.
8. That ’70s Show, Malcolm in the Middle, and Arrested Development all aired their final episodes…
Arrested Development was canceled at the time by Fox for low ratings.
11. Daniel Powter had the biggest song of the year with “Bad Day” and you pretty much couldn’t escape it.
13. Coldplay’s “Speed of Sound” became the 1 billionth song sold on iTunes.
The winner who downloaded the one billionth song received a $10,000 iTunes gift card, a 20-inch iMac computer, and 10 60GB iPods.
14. And for the first time you could buy full-length movies on iTunes — and strain your eyes in the process as you tired to watch them on your iPod.
15. Microsoft tried to jump on the MP3 player craze and launched Zune.
17. Lauren Conrad moved out of Laguna Beach and into the Hollywood Hills.
The rest was then unwritten.
20. Facebook was opened to everyone (not just college students).
21. And finally, we were just getting to know Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana.
The show first aired in March 2006!
- Italy is today observing a national day of mourning for the victims of Wednesday's earthquake. The death toll has climbed to 284.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.