1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest was the BIGGEST movie of the year. The Da Vinci Code and Cars were among the top five movies of the year.
2. Lance Bass came out publicly.
3. Britney Spears appeared nude and six months pregnant (with her second child, Jayden) on the cover of Harper's Bazaar...
4. ...and later filed for divorce from K-Fed.
5. Oprah confronted James Frey on her show for fabricating his memoir A Million Little Pieces.
Oprah had selected the book as part of her illustrious Oprah's Book Club the previous year.
6. A posthumous Audrey Hepburn appeared in a Gap commercial while dancing along to AC/DC's "Back in Black."
7. People went crazy for H&M's designer collaboration with Dutch designers Viktor & Rolf.
It was H&M's third designer collaboration.
8. That '70s Show, Malcolm in the Middle, and Arrested Development all aired their final episodes...
Arrested Development was canceled at the time by Fox for low ratings.
9. ...while 30 Rock and Ugly Betty both aired their first episodes.
10. Howard Stern relaunched his show on Sirius Satellite Radio.
11. Daniel Powter had the biggest song of the year with "Bad Day" and you pretty much couldn't escape it.
12. Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, and Rihanna all dropped albums that got everyone out on the dance floor.
13. Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" became the 1 billionth song sold on iTunes.
The winner who downloaded the one billionth song received a $10,000 iTunes gift card, a 20-inch iMac computer, and 10 60GB iPods.