1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest was the BIGGEST movie of the year. The Da Vinci Code and Cars were among the top five movies of the year.
2. Lance Bass came out publicly.
3. Britney Spears appeared nude and six months pregnant (with her second child, Jayden) on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar…
6. A posthumous Audrey Hepburn appeared in a Gap commercial while dancing along to AC/DC’s “Back in Black.”
The footage used was from her 1957 film Funny Face.
8. That ’70s Show, Malcolm in the Middle, and Arrested Development all aired their final episodes…
Arrested Development was canceled at the time by Fox for low ratings.
11. Daniel Powter had the biggest song of the year with “Bad Day” and you pretty much couldn’t escape it.
13. Coldplay’s “Speed of Sound” became the 1 billionth song sold on iTunes.
The winner who downloaded the one billionth song received a $10,000 iTunes gift card, a 20-inch iMac computer, and 10 60GB iPods.
14. And for the first time you could buy full-length movies on iTunes — and strain your eyes in the process as you tired to watch them on your iPod.
15. Microsoft tried to jump on the MP3 player craze and launched Zune.
17. Lauren Conrad moved out of Laguna Beach and into the Hollywood Hills.
The rest was then unwritten.
20. Facebook was opened to everyone (not just college students).
21. And finally, we were just getting to know Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana.
The show first aired in March 2006!
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭