24. Popoids (1984)
These toys were just a series of stretchy and bendy tubes that basically allowed you to create a either a spider or an octopus. Although since the tubes had the consistency of a Squeezit bottle, you had to be careful not to stretch them too far for fear of ripping.
22. Halloween Pails (1985)
Sure, these were the suckiest things you could use to carry on candy on Halloween night; the handle would usually painfully lodge itself deep into your hand under the weight of the candy — that is if it didn’t pop off. But since the pails had cool designs and were from McDonald’s, they were an ’80s kids essential.
20. Stompers 4x4 (1986)
What made these so special you ask? Well, unlike regular cars or pull racers, these bad boys ran on their own power, or an AA battery to be exact. So all you had to do was sit back and watch it drive in a straight-ish line before crashing into a wall.
12. Berenstain Bears (1986)
Sure they got super dirty after the first time you played with them — thanks to their felt head and hands — but they were awesome and came with their own cool accessory. Also these things should’ve come with a warning that they were not meant for bath time.
11. McDonald’s Pullback Race Cars (1985)
What made these so special? First, they were perfectly sized and could easily fit into a child’s pocket. Second, their McDonald’s theme told all the other kids on the playground, “Yeah, my parents love and indulge me enough that they got me a Happy Meal.”
9. Garfield Vehicles (1989)
In the ’80s Garfield — thanks in large part to his Saturday morning cartoon Garfield and Friends — was actually really cool and kids wanted to play with his toys. Although he is bit more active in these figures than he was on the show (or the comic).
6. Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers Cars (1989)
Seriously, these things were great, not only were they cars, BUT you could interchange the parts (giving you hours of endless entertainment). The only thing that would have made them perfect was if you could actually pull the figures out.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝