1. Iridescent accessories
Maybe it was the upcoming millennium that made everyone jump on this futuristic looking trend? Of course what this meant to you was that everything from your lunchbox purse, to your school supplies had to come in that oh-so-pretty rainbow hue.
11. Chinese-influenced fashion
From faux-silk Mandarin collar dresses to lotus flower print shoes to Chinese takeout box purses, for a moment there was nothing cooler than Chinese-influenced/inspired clothing. And the biggest perpetrator of this trend: Chinese Laundry!
Images come from the September 1995 and August 1996 issues of Seventeen magazine, via Sale into the 90s.
- Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- Rep. Devin Nunes' claims about Trump surveillance has threatened the ability for intelligence committees to work together — one of the longest bipartisan traditions on the Hill.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.