2. Upon arriving at the ceremony on March 25, 1991, Madonna pulled of one of the craziest moments in her career, bringing Michael Jackson as her date!
3. Then, chaos ensued! At the time, they were the two biggest pop stars on the planet, and most would agree they remain so to this day.
4. But Madonna made the most of it and performed a Marilyn Monroed-out campy rendition of “Sooner or Later.” Also, the song did take home the Oscar!
5. The two even attended an after-party at Spago.
6. A week later, on April 9, the two were photographed together on another “date.” This time they had dinner at The Ivy Restaurant in Beverly Hills.
7. According to People magazine, the dates had been arranged by Madonna as a way to draw publicity to her upcoming documentary “Truth or Dare”…
9. The two drove off into the Los Angeles evening never to be seen on a date again.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.