1. Remember 1999 video:
Fun facts about 1999:
• Cher’s “Believe” is No.1 on Billboard’s Year-End Hot 100 singles.
• Cher sets two records when “Believe” hits No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (in March) she is the oldest female artist to ever achieve it (at the age of 52) and also the record for the longest hit-making career span, with 33 years between the release of her first and last Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 singles (1965 and 1999).
• Backstreet Boys’ Millennium is the biggest selling album of the year.
• Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez and Eminem release their debut albums.
• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is the highest grossing film of the year (also, the first new Star Wars film since 1983)
• Other big films released that year The Sixth Sense, The Matrix, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, American Pie and Fight Club.
• Freaks and Geeks, SpongeBob SquarePants, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, The West Wing, Futurama, The Sopranos and Family Guy, were among the television shows that premiered.
• The Nanny, Home Improvement, Sister, Sister, Mad About You and Melrose Place, all ended their series run.
•The first Coachella is held. The musical line-up includes Beck, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, The Chemical Brothers, Jurassic 5 and Morrissey.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick to lead the EPA, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gasses are to blame ♨️️🌍
- President Obama commuted Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for giving classified documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.