2. And in honor of Williams’ many contributions to Disney — most notably lending his voice to the Genie in Aladdin – the company paid tribute to him with this touching artwork created by Eric Goldberg, the supervising animator for the Genie.
3. Here is the full statement from Robert Iger, chairman and CEO of Walt Disney, on the death of Robin Williams:
We’re deeply saddened by the loss of Robin Williams, a wonderfully gifted man who touched our hearts and never failed to make us laugh. An incredible actor and a comedic genius, Robin will always be remembered for bringing some of the world’s favorite characters to life, from his zany alien on ABC’s Mork & Mindy to the irascible genie in Disney’s Aladdin.
He was a true Disney Legend, a beloved member of our family, and he will be sorely missed. We join Robin’s friends and fans everywhere in mourning, and offer our thoughts and condolences to his family during this difficult time.
- A magnitude-6.2 quake hit central Italy. The mayor of Amatrice, near the epicenter, said "the town isn't here anymore."
- Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.
- Facebook says it mistakenly suspended two libertarian groups. It's the network's latest case of suddenly removing content.