1. In 1988, McGruff the Crime Dog released a VHS PSA that featured a cameo appearance with a then-13 year-old Drew Barrymore.
2. Drew stars as our “femme fatale” who comes to visit McGruff the Crime Dog. She is feeling different because she, “Just said no to drugs.”
3. McGruff reminds Drew it’s “hard to be different.” Which is easy for him to say because he is an intimidating talking dog, that is dressed like a creepy flasher (no one is messing with him).
4. We also get a cameo from Gaby Hoffman.
5. For some reason Drew tries to pay-off McGruff with a dog treat.
6. McGruff tells Drew that just saying “no to drugs” is payment enough.
7. Drew checked into rehab in late 1988. After a few relapses she finally took McGruff’s advice. She continues to be a great example of overcoming adversity.
8. Drew Barrymore - McGruff the Crime Dog PSA:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘