“Grunge Street Fighter”
The reason for the mash-up according to the artist Butcher Billy :
As a teenager in the early 90’s I was exposed to a lot of the aggression coming from the distorted guitars, growling vocals and angst-filled lyrics of the grunge movement, emerging to shake things up in the music scene from that time.
Meanwhile the gaming scenario was dominated by the cuteness of Super Mario until the arrival of Street Fighter - players turned head-to-head combat into the primary game mode, only to be smashed by a Lightning Kick, a Sonic Boom, a Tiger Uppercut or the popular Hadouken.
This is a collection of pieces combining the two universes - under the concept the devastating special attack combos were as aggressive and mind-boggling as grunge’s powerful and heavily distorted guitar riff.
5. Billy Corgan (The Smashing Pumpkins) as Dhalsim
“I will meditate, and then secretly destroy you.”
6. Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) as Guile
“Are you man enough to fight me? Because here I come, I come, I come!”
7. Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) as Ken
“Attack me if you dare, I’m not gonna crack!”
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏