1. The struggle of having only a handful of movies available on VHS...
There were literally only FIVE movies on VHS!!! And they didn't even come in the classic white video case. =(
2. ...and having to wait to see the majority of the classic films whenever they were re-released from the "Vault" and put in theaters.
Yup, that's right, '90s kids — Disney would re-release its animated movies into theaters and that was the ONLY way you could see them.
3. Feeling #Blessed that your parents paid for the then-PREMIUM Disney Channel.
And if your parents didn't pay for the Disney Channel, then you ALWAYS looked forward to those "free preview weekends" to get your Disney on.
4. Getting enthused whenever your family got their copy of the Disney Channel Magazine in the mail.
5. The rush of excitment you felt the first time you ever stepped into a Disney Store -- mind-blowing! It felt like a mini-trip to a Disney Park.
You immediately ran to the back of the store, to the giant stack of stuffed animals, with the movie screen playing Disney cartoons behind it.
6. Getting your fitness on with the Mousercise record...
7. ...and the Disney Channel series of the same name, which was hosted by Kellyn Plasschaert.
8. Burning the tips of your fingers on your still-too-hot-to-touch Shrinky Dinks.
You were just too eager to start playing with freshly baked Gummi Bears Shrinky Dinks.
9. Without even trying, you mysteriously accumulated a collection of picture disc albums...
Like, where did they come from?! Also, they were almost too pretty to play on the record player!
10. ...and Disney Book Club books.
11. Enjoying one of these treats on a hot afternoon:
12. Having a deep-down fear that you might be separated from your family after being kidnapped by aliens, thanks to Flight of the Navigator.
13. Taking your photo with a creepy-looking Mickey Mouse whenever you visited Disneyland and/or the Magic Kingdom.
Also, those eyes on Pluto! WTF was he on?
14. The reassuring knowledge that this meant your VHS movie was about to start:
15. Learning all the words to your favorite songs -- and rewatching them over and over -- with the original YouTube, Disney's Sing Along Songs videos.
16. Dancing along to the synthpop-filled Mickey Mouse Splashdance album...
And of course, singing along to the standout track: "Mickey, She's Got a Crush on You."
17. ...and the bubblegum-pop-filled Totally Minnie album.
18. And of course, also watching the Totally Minnie primetime special.
19. Being both mesmerized and creeped out by the Disney Channel's Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus.
TBH, those puppets were nightmare-inducing.
20. Begging your parents to get you Disney Dollars whenever you visited a Disney Park and then feeling reluctant to spend them.
21. Getting excited for Sunday nights, 'cause it meant the the Disney Sunday Movie.
22. Making calls to your favorite characters on your own personal phone:
23. Playing with this toy a lot longer than you probably should have:
24. The joy of listening along to your Read-Along Book and Records -- which you probably played on your Fisher-Price record player.
"You will know it is time to turn the page when you hear the chimes ring like this: *Tinkerbell noise*"
25. The thrill of getting lost in new worlds with your Mickey Mouse View-Master.
26. Wanting to be as cool as Dodger in Oliver & Company.
27. Getting traumatized after riding the original version of Snow White's Adventures at the Magic Kingdom.
28. Trying to figure out what the hell this TV series was about:
29. Knowing it truly wasn't Christmastime until you watched Mickey's Christmas Carol...
30. ...and listened to these:
Nothing more festive than listening to all of the characters singing "12 Days of Christmas."
31. Making your parents upset after you wasted several slices of bread as you played with the Funwich Factory.
32. Learning your ABCs, shapes, numbers, and also about nature with the Walt Disney Fun-to-Learn Library.
This was another set of books that magically appeared on your bookshelf.
33. Being envious of that ONE kid in your neighborhood who owned the Disney World Town Square play set.
34. Having your mind blown while watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and believing deep-down that toons did actually exist.
35. Waking up early on Saturdays just to catch Gummi Bears.
36. Owning weird merchandise where Mickey is trying to be hip.
What in Miami Vice hell is going on in that invitation card? Was Mickey taking down drug dealers on the DL or something?
37. Being freaked the fuck out by the Horn King in The Black Cauldron...
38. ...and freaked the fuck out by EVERYTHING in Return to Oz.
39. Getting bomb-ass movie tie-in Happy Meal toys that were as good as anything you could buy at Toys 'R' Us.
They also smelled like fries and plastic.