1. It had a unique and very imaginative design.
Tree Tots Family Tree House captured many preschool kids’ imaginations through its creative design. It was a tree that with the push of a button (on the top of the tree) revealed a three-room house, complete with an elevator, staircase, swing, and garage.
2. It came with all the figures you needed.
The playset included six figures: Treemont, the dad; Willow, the mom; Chip, the son; Honey, the daughter; Chestnut, the cat; and Barky, the family dog.
Sadly, the Tree Tots line did not last very long — and was discontinued by 1980.
In 1984, Kenner reused the mold of the Family Tree House for the Ewok Family Hut.
According to Recycling the Force, however, Lucasfilm would not allow Kenner to simply change the color and name on the playset:
“Although, in terms of design, the Ewok toy borrowed extensively from Kenner’s very successful Treetot house, it was entirely retooled. According to Kenner sources, Lucasfilm would not allow the toy company to tie a purely recycled version of the Treetot product to their license. So Kenner totally resculpted the toy. In the end, the Ewok Family Hut borrowed the basic design and interior workings of the older toy and simply cloaked them in an updated outer casing.”
Tree Tots Family Tree House commercial (1978):
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘