1. You aspired to be as cool as Winona Ryder.
2. You listened to these albums over and over:
3. You looked forward to your new issue of Sassy each month.
4. When it came to shoes, you always looked for the magical combination of both comfort and style.
5. And of course you had to have a pair of Dr. Martens for every occasion.
The more holes, the better.
6. You were a loyal reader of several zines.
Bonus points if you created and distributed your own.
7. You completely related to everything Angela Chase went through on My So-Called Life.
And you totally knew a "Rayanne."
8. As much as you hated being a brand whore, you could totally get down with CK One.
9. You stayed up late to catch 120 Minutes.
10. You wished Daria were real so you could hang out.
11. You had a lunchbox as a go-to handbag.
12. You totally begged your parents to buy you something from X-girl.
Who didn't love this line from the awesome Kim Gordon and Daisy von Furth?
13. While you thought Clueless was a cute movie, it was really The Craft that spoke to you.
14. You never wore the same outfit as anybody else because you did all your shopping at thrift stores.
15. Well, except for that one faux cheetah-print coat everybody seemed to own:
16. Oil Slick, Roach, and Acid Rain were just a few of your favorite Urban Decay shades...
17. ...and if you had extra allowance, Chanel's Vamp was everything.
18. You coveted Drew Barrymore's effortlessly chic thrift store style.
19. You had a love–hate relationship with Courtney Love.
20. You accessorized your look with chokers.
21. And plenty of hemp jewelry in the summer.
22. Speaking of summer, your reading list looked like this:
23. You spent countless hours making the perfect bomb-ass mixtapes to share with your friends or S.O.
24. You were faced with the difficult choice of having to pick just one Manic Panic color to dye your hair.
25. You were lucky to have PJ, Shirley, Kathleen, and Kim as badass role models...
26. ...and of course you also had Tori...
27. ...and the baddest of them all:
Let's be honest, we still all aspire to be Carrie Brownstein.