And, of course, that thread blew up with comments — as did the post I wrote up about it. Now, to be fair, a lot of comments were from people defending the movies that were mentioned, as they didn't understand why folks hated them so much.
Well, I recently revisited the original Reddit thread and post to round up more movies people absolutely hated. Here are some of the top-voted and best comments that you may or may not agree with:
1. "The last Toy Story movie was so, so, so awful. Forky was the worst. It was so unnecessary and ruined a perfect ending with the previous movie."
2. "The Last Jedi for me. I was able to at least turn my brain off and enjoy Rise of Skywalker in a Fast and Furious sort of way. But TLJ was openly offensive to my brain and my heart."
3. "Mine is Mamma Mia! My mother was all excited to receive the DVD for Christmas, and I usually agree with her about movies (plus it had Meryl Streep), so I gave it a go."
4. The Revenant! The movie where Leonardo DiCaprio got mauled by a bear and got left to die...and then just wouldn't die! The movie just kept dragging out longer and longer as he kept escaping death and by two-thirds of the movie, I was like, 'Why is this movie not over yet? Just die already! Why won't you die?'"
5. "Tomorrowland. The trailer looked good, but I was so, so bored during the entire thing."
6. "I would like to add Superbad. I started watching it, but it was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I had to turn it off within like 20 minutes because it was so boring."
7. "Eragon was terrible! I love the books, but the movie is dog shit."
8. "Interstellar — I wanted to like it so much. But it was just so frustrating. Just peak after peak of cinema-induced anxiety and frustration."
9. "Bird Box. Everyone was telling me how good it was, especially since I like horror movies. I had the plot, the twist, and ending figured out in like 10 minutes or so. I didn't enjoy it at all, and seemed like it was six hours long."
10. "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I have seen so many people hype up this movie, but I found it so painfully boring it almost put me to sleep. Boring characters, boring story, and I genuinely couldn’t even tell you what the film was about. The only interesting scene in the whole movie is at the end with Darth Vader."
11. "Tom Cruise's The Mummy. I love Tom Cruise, but holy shit that was a stinker."
12. "Bad Moms was the worst movie I've seen in decades. I nearly lost it when they made a sequel."
13. "The new Aladdin movie. That was atrocious."
14. "Hustlers. Jennifer Lopez just can't act."
15. "I've never understood why Nacho Libre is never on these lists, horrible movie, walked out halfway through, and, while I only paid 50 cents to watch it, I seriously considered demanding my money back anyway."
16. "Minions. The perfect definition of 'too much of a good thing.' They were fun in the first movie, when in moderation, but goddamn, just too much."
17. "Tenet. I watched it at home and stopped about halfway through. I had no clue what was going on whatsoever, felt like it was a movie built around the premise of rewinding things and not to be an actual movie."
18. "Booksmart. Overhyped. Couldn’t wait for it to end. My sister is no longer allowed to pick movies."
19. "Eat Pray Love. Or as I like to call it, Eat Pray Snore. What a boring pile of shit and just so self-absorbed."
20. "The new Dolittle movie with Robert Downey Jr. — I actually did leave, LOL."
21. "A Star Is Born. I went because my friends did, but I really did not enjoy it."
22. "Anchorman. Still as unfunny today as it was then. Now I ask myself, 'Why would I sit through a movie I don't like?' I don't care if I paid for it — I'll just leave now."
23. "Les Misérables. I thought it was deeply terrible and wanted to leave the entire time, but everyone else in the theater was basically moved to tears. It was a very weird experience."
24. "Breaking Dawn – Part 2. We finished watching it because we were in a nice 'dine-in' movie theater. I guess we annoyed the other movie goers because we had to laugh about the terrible accents used at the battle."
25. "Avengers: Endgame. I thoroughly enjoyed Infinity War and had high hopes that Endgame would be just as good."
You can read the original thread over on Reddit.
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.