2. “Sing a Song” was originally intended to be the show’s opening theme song. The Carpenters later released a cover of the song.
9. In 1970, Ernie’s signature song “Rubber Duckie” reached No. 16 on the Billboard Hot 100.
16. Originally Snuffleupagus was only be seen by Big Bird. The adults on the show refused to believe he existed and thought he was just Big Bird’s imaginary friend.
This was changed in 1985 when producers felt that the adults’ refusal to believe Big Bird would discourage children from sharing important things with their parents.
19. Kevin Clash, who used to voice Elmo, also voiced Baby Sinclair on Dinosaurs.
20. James Earl Jones was the first ever guest star, he recited the alphabet.
21. Sesame Street is the longest running children’s program in the U.S. In 2008, it was estimated that 77 million Americans had watched the series as children.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱