3. Bill Murray was Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg’s first choice to play Eddie Valiant. Unable to get a hold of him they went with Bob Hoskins.
Murray reportedly screamed out loud when he heard about this years later and said he definitely would have accepted the role.
11. Warner Brothers would only allow the use of their toons if they got the same screen time as Disney’s toons. This lead to Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny appearing on-screen together.
Additionally they have the same amount of lines, and they are on-screen for exactly the same amount of time, down to the frames.
13. In the car crash scene the animators snuck in a few frames of Jessica Rabbit clearly wearing no panties. This was corrected for the DVD release.
They digitally added white panties.
17. The three ingredients of the dip (turpentine, benzene and acetone) are all paint thinners which are used to remove animation from cels.
19. An early stage of the films production, Roger Rabbit is killed in the crossfire during the final duel with Judge Doom.
20. Sting wrote the song “The Lazarus Heart”, to be used as the movie’s musical finale (in the version which Roger is killed).
When Disney ordered that the death scene to be removed, the song was deleted from the script and ended up on Sting’s album …Nothing Like the Sun instead.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 million declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚