1. In the original story draft there were two genies. One was the genie of the lamp and the other the genie of the ring.
2. Patrick Stewart was forced to turn down the role of Jafar due to scheduling conflicts with Star Trek: The Next Generation.
4. Originally, Aladdin was not an orphan, he had a mother, to whom he sang the touching song “Proud of Your Boy.” Eventually, both she and the song were cut from the story.
8. The character design for Jafar is based on Maleficent.
12. There is a long-standing rumor that in the balcony scene Aladdin says, “Good teenagers take off their clothes.” But what he is actually saying is, “Nice kitty, take off and go.”
The dialogue was changed to “Down, kitty” for the 2004 DVD release.
16. It was originally going to be revealed that the street merchant, seen in the beginning of the film, was really the Genie in disguise.
The street merchant was also voiced by Robin Williams.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.