Created between 1958-1963 — when the U.S.S.R. was well ahead of the U.S. in the Space Race – these posters are wonderful examples of mid-century Soviet art.
1. “We were born to make the fairy tale come true!”
2. “Conquer space!”
3. “We will open the distant worlds!”
4. “Fatherland! You lighted the star of progress and peace. Glory to the science, glory to the labor! Glory to the Soviet regime!”
5. “Through the worlds and ages.”
6. “Socialism is our launching pad”
7. “Soviet man – be proud, you opened the road to stars from Earth!”
8. “Glory to the Fatherland of Heroes!”
9. “In the name of peace and progress!”
10. “I am happy - this is my work joining the work of my republic”
11. “Glory to the conquerors of the universe!”
12. “Glory to the workers of Soviet science and technology!”
13. “The road in the space is Soviet!”
14. “Soviet means excellent!”
15. “In the 20th century, the rockets race to the stars, the trains are going to the lands of achievements!”
16. “With Lenin’s name!”
17. “To the glory of communism!”
18. “Report: mission accomplished!”
19. “The way for man is open!”
- A Pro-Trump site is showing that with a big Facebook page and catchy headlines, you can have almost zero content and still make money.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- A teen wore a dress to prom with the faces of black victims of police brutality and Trayvon Martin's mom was moved by it.