1. Ken’s last name is Carson.
2. He was introduced on March 11, 1961, which makes him two years and two days younger than Barbie.
3. The first Ken doll sold for $3.50 (that would be the equivalent of $27.41 today).
4. Also, he was available as either a blonde or a brunette.
5. Like Barbie, Ken is from Willows, Wisc.
6. According to Mattel, Ken first met Barbie on the set of their first television commercial together.
7. Ken is half an inch taller than Barbie.
8. In 1964, Ken's "buddy" Allan was introduced — much to his delight.
Bonus: According to the box, "All of Ken's clothes fit him!"
9. Introduced in 1981, Sunsational Malibu Ken doll was the first African-American Ken.
10. Released in 1993, Earring Magic Ken became a huge seller among gay men, which was mainly due to the way he was dressed — and the fact that he appeared to be wearing a "cock ring" as a necklace.
11. He is also the biggest-selling Ken doll of all time.
12. Ken has one brother, Tommy.
Tommy was introduced in 1997.