Here’s what 629 Vine St. in downtown Cincinnati looks like today…
1. …But It used to be home to one of the prettiest libraries in the country.
Kids sitting on the front steps of the building.
2. In 1874 the Public Library of Cincinnati opened in a small building originally intended to be an opera house.
3. The library’s main entrance.
4. A glimpse of the Main Hall can be seen through vestibule.
5. The beautiful main hall.
6. This photo of the Main Hall was taken about a year before the building was closed.
7. The Art Room, it was located on the third floor of the building.
8. The Newspaper Room (photo circa 1899).
12. The Fiction Alcove, the perfect spot to get lost in.
13. One of the large cast-iron book alcoves that lined the Main Hall.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞