Here’s what 629 Vine St. in downtown Cincinnati looks like today…
1. …But It used to be home to one of the prettiest libraries in the country.
Kids sitting on the front steps of the building.
2. In 1874 the Public Library of Cincinnati opened in a small building originally intended to be an opera house.
3. The library’s main entrance.
4. A glimpse of the Main Hall can be seen through vestibule.
5. The beautiful main hall.
6. This photo of the Main Hall was taken about a year before the building was closed.
7. The Art Room, it was located on the third floor of the building.
8. The Newspaper Room (photo circa 1899).
12. The Fiction Alcove, the perfect spot to get lost in.
13. One of the large cast-iron book alcoves that lined the Main Hall.
- President Donald Trump has commented on yesterday's massive Women's Marches asking, "why didn't these people vote?"
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.