2. Gizmo was voiced by Howie Mandel.
In addition to voicing Gizmo, Mandel also voiced Skeeter, Animal, and Bunsen for two seasons on Muppet Babies.
3. Stripe was voiced by Frank Welker, who is best known for voicing Fred Jones on Scooby-Doo, Megatron on Transformers, and Kermit on Muppet Babies.
7. The fictional town of Kingston Falls is the same set used as Hill Valley in Back to the Future.
8. Judge Reinhold (who played the small supporting role of Gerald) actually co-starred in biggest film of that year, Beverly Hills Cop.
Gremlins was the fourth biggest film.
11. In a deleted scene, Billy and Kate discover how truly evil Mrs. Deagle is.
They uncover that she was planning on foreclosing on a large group of homes in Kingston Falls, in order to sell the land to a chemical company.
The deleted scene gave a little more depth to the character and to why she was so hated.
14. Kate’s infamous “there is no Santa Claus” monologue was seen as too dark and was almost cut from the film.
Fortunately the film’s producer, Steven Spielberg, stepped in and convinced the studio to keep it in.
15. Gremlins and Indiana Jones (both Spielberg films) were responsible for the creation of the PG-13 rating system. Both films, while rated PG, contained lots of violence, but not enough to warrant an R rating.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝