From Photoshop to Instagram, photo manipulation is commonplace today and something easily done in the digital-era. Faking It: Manipulated Photography Before Photoshop at the National Gallery of Art, in Washington, D.C., is the first major exhibition devoted to the history of manipulated photography before digital imagery.
The exhibit, which runs through May 5, features around 200 photographs from the 1840s through the 1980s.
1. Io + gatto (Cat + I), 1932
2. Room with eye , 1930
3. Seated man with Brattle Street Church seen through window, 1850
4. Man in bottle, c. 1888
5. Unidentified woman seated with a female spirit, 1862-1875
6. Max Ernst , 1946
7. Untitled, 1969
8. Untitled, 1976
9. The Pond - Moonrise, 1904
10. Ein kräftiger Zusammenstoss (A Powerfull Collision), 1914
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝