21 Misconceptions Extroverts Want To Set Straight
But really though, I swear I'm not flirting with you.
1. For some reason, people think extroverts are immune to feeling awkward.
2. Extroverts aren’t confident in every situation, and are more than capable of feeling anxious.
3. Because we seem so confident, we must never need any sort of affirmation, right?
4. Sometimes the reason for our extroversion is because of self-consciousness, and we like being around people so we don’t feel alone.
5. And it certainly isn't true that extroverts can't experience depression.
6. Have you heard we're all just hopelessly desperate for attention?
7. Believe it or not, extroverts don't always want to be the life of every social gathering.
8. And we're not all party animals that get wild and crazy every weekend.
9. Sure, you're outgoing, but extroverts need down days as well!
10. "If you're an extrovert, it means you must like EVERYONE." Nah, some people totally suck.
11. That, and everyone thinks you're constantly flirting because of your friendly nature.
12. Extroverts aren't even always the best at flirting. Dating is just hard.
13. People may assume you're “fake” because you're bubbly and talkative.
14. And if you're not your usual cheerful self, everyone thinks something must be incredibly wrong.
15. But at the same time, just because you're smiling all the time, doesn't mean you're always OK.
16. And even if someone is a fan of conversation, it does NOT mean they are always a fan of "small talk." There's a difference.
17. Maybe people think you're literally on drugs at times because of your near-constant talkative and lively demeanor.
18. Or they label your need for that social interaction as “crazy behavior."
19. And since you're always talking, you must lack depth of thought.
20. Or you're never taken seriously because you're always so cheerful and seemingly carefree.
21. And it's important to remember, intelligence and creativity are not exclusively introvert qualities.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.