In case you don't know, this is 20-year-old singer/songwriter Ashley Frangipane, who goes by the stage name Halsey.
1. And she is super talented.
2. Her sound is unique and her lyrics are honest and relatable.
3. She is the ultimate blue-haired babe.
4. And pink-haired babe.
5. Anddd blonde-haired babe.
6. She's all about the empowerment of women.
7. She's constantly encouraging women to love their bodies.
8. She doesn't take herself too seriously.
9. She does everything for her fans. And apologizes when she can't.
10. Her style is FIERCE.
11. She is a mixed race, bisexual female who speaks out against all sorts of discrimination and defends the LGBTQ community.
12. She's a badass on stage.
13. She always tells it like it is.
14. She isn't afraid to show you the raw, unedited side of her.
I feel like I'm trying to fill a role that is not necessarily female. Growing up, a lot of the artists I admired were male—I loved Mick Jagger and I loved Leonard Cohen. They were romantic, and they were cool, and they were sensual. They owned it and people loved them. Even today, men are often my favorite artists—like Van McCann from Catfish and the Bottlemen or Matt Healy from The 1975 or Luke Pritchard from The Kooks. They're forlorn and they're honest and they're dark and they're sexy. I think one of the only female artists who really embodied that was Amy Winehouse, and she is a massive inspiration to me. She was strong but she was open about her sexuality and her life—I love her intentions, and I want to further her message but in my own way. The more I'm being myself with my music, the more I'm being myself in real life, and the more I know who I am. I'm trying to do that so that girls don't have to idolize a male rock star like I did, they'll have me.
16. Her debut album BADLANDS comes out August 28 and it's going to be MAGICAL.
17. JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS ADORABLE PIXIE MERMAID?
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!