1. Tuesday afternoon, Boston Dynamics — a robotics company purchased by Google (now Alphabet) two years ago — released a new video of Atlas, its latest robot.
2. Atlas, a very human-looking robot, is 5’9”, weighs 180 lbs. and can do a lot of human-like things, like walk upright.
3. It can go for a nice afternoon stroll to get a Starbucks.
4. It can squat, no doubt making gainz on its robot glutes and quads.
5. But don’t freak out just yet! There are still PLENTY of human being things the robot can’t do.
6. Like walk in the snow.
OH NO. WAIT. IT CAN.
7. Or pick up boxes that are about, I don’t know, the size and weight of a detached human head.
8. It ~definitely~ wouldn’t be able to survive a blow like this!
9. … And then get right back up.
10. And it DEFINITELY would never be able to escape its robot pen and go outside, summoning its league of fellow robots to destroy humanity as we know it.
*PASSES OUT IN DESPAIR*
11. Good luck with the future, everyone.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Rep. Devin Nunes defended calling a reporter at the behest of the White House, saying it didn't compromise his committee's investigation of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲