1. On Monday night, while hosting TechCrunch’s annual Crunchies Awards, comedian Chelsea Peretti did her best to save Twitter — with a video.
Peretti (sister of BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti), gathered up some celebrity friends from her show Brooklyn Nine-Nine to make an impassioned plea for Twitter, which has been having a rough time recently thanks to executive turnover, concern over changes to its timeline, and stagnant growth. Among the celebs appearing in Peretti’s video are Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Terry Crews and Stephanie Beatriz, Veep’s Timothy Simons, 24’s Mary Lynn Rajskub, and comedians Andy Richter and Joe Mande. Their chief concerns: “If Twitter dies, am I still verified?” and “Who farted?”
For more on the Crunchies, read BuzzFeed Senior Writer Nitasha Tiku’s dispatch from the awards show: “Tech’s Annual Awards Show Was So Self-Aware It Hurt.“
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘