1. You show up hungover but you don’t have the excuse that you’re still in college.
2. Most of the time you’re just looking for real jobs instead of doing work there.
3. You want to hang out with the other interns but they’re under 21 and going to bars is the only activity you know as a sort of adult.
4. Saying “when I was in college” is very weird and will be for a while.
5. The assistant is younger than you.
6. You still don’t like answering phones. It’s scary…
7. Everyone still asks you if you’re in school.
8. Your sort-of boss still doesn’t know your name.
9. When someone is hired and paid to do exactly what you do.
10. When one of the college-aged interns is hopeful and has dreams.
11. You make copies of your resume at work.
12. Whenever you mess up you tell yourself, well at least I’m not getting paid so they can’t really fire me.
13. You feel like a parent figure to the other interns still in school.
14. When you tell people at your part time job that you have an internship and they think you mean a doctor's residency.
15. You appreciate only being there for 4 or 5 hours and don’t know how anyone can work beyond that.
16. When your friends tell you about their cool jobs.
17. Even though being an intern can suck, just ride it out, this might turn into a job.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!