1. The WWE have recently been working with a new pro-Russian character named Rusev.
The schtick sees the character (and his manager, Lana) put on a cartoony Russia vs. America persona, with Russian flags, photos of Putin and typical Russian music incorporated.
2. Sunday, the cartoonish drama pushed itself into reality with this:
3. This isn’t the first time the WWE has sparked controversy over their character arcs.
4. In 2005, Muhammad Hassan received notable media attention for his apparent “terrorist angle.”
The character was retired by the end of that year due to pressure from the broadcasting network and unfavorable attention received after the 2005 London bombings.
- U.S. presidential candidate Ted Cruz ended his campaign after losing Indiana's primary to Donald Trump. Bernie Sanders won on the Democratic side.
- A massive wildfire is threatening the capital of Canada's oilsands industry, and tens of thousands of people have been ordered to evacuate.
- Smash hit "Hamilton" received 16 Tony Award nominations, breaking the record held by "The Producers" and "Billy Elliot."