1. The WWE have recently been working with a new pro-Russian character named Rusev.
The schtick sees the character (and his manager, Lana) put on a cartoony Russia vs. America persona, with Russian flags, photos of Putin and typical Russian music incorporated.
2. Sunday, the cartoonish drama pushed itself into reality with this:
3. This isn’t the first time the WWE has sparked controversy over their character arcs.
4. In 2005, Muhammad Hassan received notable media attention for his apparent “terrorist angle.”
The character was retired by the end of that year due to pressure from the broadcasting network and unfavorable attention received after the 2005 London bombings.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.