1. The WWE have recently been working with a new pro-Russian character named Rusev.
The schtick sees the character (and his manager, Lana) put on a cartoony Russia vs. America persona, with Russian flags, photos of Putin and typical Russian music incorporated.
2. Sunday, the cartoonish drama pushed itself into reality with this:
3. This isn’t the first time the WWE has sparked controversy over their character arcs.
4. In 2005, Muhammad Hassan received notable media attention for his apparent “terrorist angle.”
The character was retired by the end of that year due to pressure from the broadcasting network and unfavorable attention received after the 2005 London bombings.
- Top Mexican soccer player Alan Pulido has been rescued after he was kidnapped outside of his hometown in Tamaulipas.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Lights have turned Australia's most iconic buildings into seriously psychedelic works of art.