1. The WWE have recently been working with a new pro-Russian character named Rusev.
The schtick sees the character (and his manager, Lana) put on a cartoony Russia vs. America persona, with Russian flags, photos of Putin and typical Russian music incorporated.
2. Sunday, the cartoonish drama pushed itself into reality with this:
3. This isn’t the first time the WWE has sparked controversy over their character arcs.
4. In 2005, Muhammad Hassan received notable media attention for his apparent “terrorist angle.”
The character was retired by the end of that year due to pressure from the broadcasting network and unfavorable attention received after the 2005 London bombings.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.