This Mother Found One Of The Most Venomous Snakes In The World In Her Daughter's Bedroom
"It was up around the bassinet, in her cot, it was all over."
A mother on Australia's Gold Coast had the fright of her life after discovering a deadly brown snake in her four-month-old daughter's bedroom.
Aleisha Mitchley spotted the metre-long snake only a little while after taking her daughter out of her crib.
"It was up around the bassinet, in her cot, it was all over," she told Channel Nine.
Eastern browns are the second most venomous snake in the world. You definitely do not want to find anywhere near your baby.
That said, deaths from brown snake bites are rare in Australia. Around 300 people are bitten every year, and 35 people have died since 2000.