The mass shooting in Las Vegas Sunday night that left at least 59 people dead and 527 others injured shocked the US and the world. The shooter, identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, opened fire on a country music festival from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino before he was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The motive for the shooting is unclear, but in the days that followed, commentary from illustrators around the world have focused on the United States' approach to gun control.
Here are just a few of their illustrations:
1. Cathy Wilcox.
2. Rick Maynard.
4. David Hayward.
5. Dan Wasserman for The Boston Globe.
6. Paul Zanetti.
7. Jon Kudelka for The Australian.
8. Nate Beeler.
9. Ruben L. Oppenheimer.
10. Morten Morland for The Times of London.
11. Adam Zyglis for The Buffalo News.
12. Gary Clement.
13. Francisco J. Olea: "60 years before the attack in Las Vegas."
14. Robert Unell, re-sharing an old work.
15. Lalo Alcaraz.
16. Dave Brown for The Independent.
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Brad Esposito at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.