3. Did you know they were the first animal in space?
4. And that they were a BIG influence in the toppling of the Berlin wall?
5. In fact, if you look through history Quokkas are often involved.
6. Here’s one spotted on the grassy knoll.
7. And here’s one spotted at the site of the Ukraine’s Chernobyl disaster of 1986.
8. Famous artists have also been known to worship the quokka.
9. And rightfully so.
10. Because quokkas are fucking awesome.
11. And the closer you look…
12. …the more you see.
13. It is thought that quokkas date back to the Stone Age some 2.5 MILLION YEARS AGO.
14. From the neanderthals:
15. To the Egyptian hieroglyphics:
Here, two pharaoh exchange a quokka. The Ancient Egyptians worshipped the quokka and believed it to hold supernatural powers like immortality, super strength and magnificent linguistic skills.