2. “Bulletproof” is more than a diet.
Biohacking starts with diet and ends with meditation, vitamins and exercise. Asprey’s key requirements for his diet were to provide nutrition, feed your brain, fuel your body, optimize your physical performance and keep you satisfied.
3. It’s not just salad and boring low-fat meals.
In fact, the Bulletproof Diet is one of high fat - but don’t worry, these fats are good for you. Asprey encourages high calorie food as long as it’s the right type of food. Your body was designed to be satisfied, not starved.
4. A key component is eating things that lived a happy, well nourished life.
No, don’t eat Christina Aguilera. Red meat and large animals are your friend. I’m talkin’ Bison, Sheep and Cows. The quality of the meat is also imperative - you should be looking at eating only grass-fed meat that has been humanely treated. Say goodbye to battery-farms.
6. You’re gonna have to give up gluten and grains.
It’ll be hard at first. But after a while you’ll begin to notice how much better your body is feeling. Grains are just a low-nutrient form of sugar. Think about how bread is made and the dough that is formed. Now imagine that dough in your stomach. Not a pretty sight, is it?
7. You can make the GREATEST COFFEE OF ALL TIME.
TRUST ME ON THIS. What I’m about to say may shock you - but try it once and you’ll be doing it every day for the rest of your life. Asprey is the creator of “Bulletproof Coffee.” It incorporates grass-fed butter or Ghee (about a stick or 50g) and MCT Oil. MCT Oil is what you’d get if Coconut Oil and Steroids had a baby. Once you blend this delicious trio together you’ll find the high-fat start to your day (remember, fat is your friend) becoming a necessity.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan.