1. Beavers' teeth never stop growing.
2. Elephants go through menopause.
3. Houseflies only live for 14 days.
4. A Seahorse is the slowest fish in the world.
5. Each year thousands of Greyhounds are killed because they lack "racing potential."
6. Most juvenile Crocodiles don't live to adulthood because of the colour of their skin.
7. In the 1960's, the Dolphin that played "Flipper" killed itself by "refusing to breathe any longer."
8. Bears in captivity have been known to starve themselves to death.
9. When you walk through a spiderweb you destroy the spiders' home.
10. Most bats can't walk.
11. We eat Chicken and Fish before they are even born.
12. It takes 3,000 Cows to supply all the leather for the footballs in an NFL season.
13. A starving Mouse will eat itself.
14. A Puppy is born blind, deaf and toothless.
15. The Tyrannosaurus Rex went extinct over 65 million years ago.
16. Horses can't vomit.
17. Moose have such poor eyesight that there are regular reports of them trying to have sex with cars.
18. Jellyfish evaporate in the sun.
19. Bulls are colourblind.
20. Elephants can't jump.
21. Starfish don't have brains.
22. The average length of a Gorilla's penis is 1/3 that of an average Human.
23. The penguin is the only bird that can swim but not fly.
24. Snakes don't have eyelids.
25. Crocodiles can't stick their tongues out.
26. The slowest mammal on Earth is the Tree Sloth.
27. The very first bomb dropped by The Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only Elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
28. Over 10,000 Birds die each year from smashing into windows.
29. Tunas will suffocate if they stop swimming.
30. Candlefish were once burned for fuel.
31. The Basenji (a type of Dog) can't bark.
32. In 1740 a Cow was convicted of sorcery and publicly hanged.
33. Ants have graveyards.
34. A Sheep's wool never stops growing. If it isn't shaved off the weight will make the Sheep fall over and starve to death.
35. Dogs are mentioned 14 times in The Bible. Cats are NOT MENTIONED AT ALL.
36. If a Wolf gets it's leg caught in a trap it will chew it off.
37. Squirrels forget where they hide most of their nuts.
38. Flies are deaf.
39. A female Ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
40. A female pigeon cannot lay eggs if it is alone.
41. And Hummingbirds can't walk.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!